Pat Goodale, the owner and chief instructor of PFT, is a professional firearms instructor and consultant with more than 35 years of experience.
Pat served for 22 years in the U.S. Marine Corps as an Intelligence and Special Operations Officer, and as a Weapons and Tactics Instructor. Since leaving the Marine Corps, Pat has worked extensively in the tactical training, security and personal protection fields for a number of international companies. His experience as an instructor covers the entire spectrum of modern small arms. He has developed programs of instruction, courses of fire, scenarios and training programs for Law Enforcement and Special Operations Forces and provided training and direct operational support for Law Enforcement, Military and Intelligence units, Foreign Governments, Heads of State, and Private Corporate clients.
Pat conducts a variety of citizen, law enforcement, and military firearms training programs at various locations nationwide, and serves as a consultant specializing in executive, corporate security and risk assessment.
Professional credentials and associations include membership in:
- National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA)
- International Association of Counter-Terrorism and Security Professionals (IACSP)
- Police Marksman Association (PMA)
- International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (IALEFI)
In addition, Goodale is a:
- Certified state instructor, and state-registered Personal Protection Specialist
- State of West Virginia Certified Law Enforcement Instructor
- USMC Weapons and Tactics Instructor
- NRA and Advanced Law Enforcement Instructor
- Certified Instructor, Sandia National Laboratories Risk Assessment Methods